Here’s me, adopting a feature from one of my favourite bloggers & people on the internet: Michelle from Piece of Caustic. It’s a monthly round-up that she’s been doing for as long as I’ve been following her, and I figured it’d be nice to be able to look back at a month after I had immortalised it on the internet. Here we go!
August was deadlines and skipping class and chronic headaches and meeting people. I spent most of the academic term in bed, and averaged four hours of sleep because everything was due on August 26th. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out who my friends are and why, and rued the day I decided that spending all of my money in a solid two hours was a good idea.
from my camera roll
general life updates
- I got two more clients through a different tutoring company (!) after I was fired from my long term gig because the student told her mom that I didn’t explain well even though I always asked her if she understood, or if I needed to explain further.
- I hit my savings goal for my trip to Portugal for the end of the year!
- Renewed my passport alone, all adult-like and everything
- Finished my first non-school theatre production AND signed a program for someone
- printing song lyrics in courier sans
- knee socks, patterned stockings, and short skirts
- Dr Ze’toile Imma, my African-American poetry guest lecturer (I ADORE HER)
- venti mocha frappucinos from Starbucks
OH GOODNESS I GOT SO MANY ALBUMS IN AUGUST.
Mutual Friends by BOY is such a gem. Every song made sense and made my heart ache a little bit and I felt scared and safe and warm all at once. I listened to it from start to finish
over and over again.
Favourite tracks include but are not limited to: This is The Beginning, July, Boris, and Little Numbers. The acoustic version of Skin is also phenomenal.
When my time comes around, lay me gently in the cold dark earth
And no grave can hold my body down, I’ll crawl home to her
I’M SO BUSY
snippets of internal monologue
- SHaLOm it is not your fault if they miss the tut because they are high! It isn’t your..it’s not…maybe you should go and get them & look after them anyway.
- If this boy keeps talking I’m going to put my knees through my eye sockets.
- If I do get arrested by the CIA, does that mean I get an extention on my law assignment?
- Is it an incidental finding that I lose followers whenever I post selfies?
- BLOCK THIS BOY ON ALL PLATFORMS HE IS SCARY BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BL
I’m happy that September is upon us. I’m almost finished with my first year of university whaaaaat! I’m going to go drink some water and make my bed. Stay well.
love and light,