Hello hello hello and welcome to day 3 of BEDIM! This post has been in my drafts for a bit, and I had a little bit of a creative block this morning so reviving this helped. Also, my first piece for HelloGiggles was published today! It is a very exciting time.
Without further ado, here are some of my favourite series at the moment.
- Seasons: 1 (not renewed by FOX, but I hope Netflix or someone else picks it up!)
- How far am I?: Finished!
- Network: FOX
- What’s the deal? : Ginny Baker (Kylie Bunbury) is the first woman to play major league baseball for the San Diego Padres (and also, ever). She’s a pitcher, and finds herself creating a space in a world that wasn’t created for her. Lots of team moments, lots of team drama, LOTS OF HILARIOUS JUXTAPOSITION SCENES LIKE THE ONE BELOW. The theme song is amazing and the season finale is heartbreaking, but I hope there’s more Pitch sometime soon. Kylie Bunbury is BRILLIANT.
- Fave Characters: Ginny Baker, Mike Lawson, Eliot
- Stars & /10?: Four stars. Nine out of ten, only because there’s just one season.
- Seasons: 1 (Almost definitely going to be renewed – star studded cast, extremely well received)
- How far am I?: Episode 6/13
- Network: CW
- What’s the deal: With characters based off the Archie comics characters, Riverdale tells the story of what happens in a quiet town after the murder of Jason Blossom. The arrival of Hermoine and Veronica Lodge points to even more drama. The gang of sophomores (lol as IF!) – Archie, Betty, Jughead, Veronica, and Kevin – must deal with high school, the fact that they may know the murderer, and the craziness of the Blossoms.
- Fave Characters: Veronica Lodge, Jughead “It’s called necrophilia, Reggie. Can you spell it?” Jones, Joaquin (South side serpent that Kevin gets friendly with at the movies – also please can I see more of this story arc! PLEASE!)
- Stars & Rating / 10? : Three and a half stars, 7/10. I like Jughead, and I love him as the narrator, but I could not stand his “I’m so weird” soliloquy. Also, Archie & Ms Grundy should NEVER have happened. Why weren’t more people yelling about the fact that Ms Grundy is a predator, like Mrs Cooper did? YIKES.
(come on. you knew this was coming.) HERE BE SPOILERS FOR SEASON 5
- Seasons: 6! SIX!
- How far am I?: I’m actually on my way to a New Girl marathon with a friend, so I’ll let you know. We’re probably going to watch all of season 5 and 6.
- Network: FOX
- What’s the deal? : Jess can’t stop thinking about Nick, CECE AND SCHMIDT ARE MARRIED AND HAVE A HOUSE LIKE PICTURE PERFECT THIRTY YEAR OLDS, Nick is finally publishing The Pepperwood Chronicles, Ali and Winston and GORDON RAMSAY make magic — everything is wonderful. Wonderful wonderful. America, America, uh uh, yeah.
- Fave Characters: Y’all. Winnie the Bish, Nick Miller Nick Miller, (Who’s that girl, it’s) Jess and SCHMIDT WHO HAS A FIRST NAME.
- Stars & Rating / 10? : FIVE STARS. 10/10. INCREDIBLE.
I’m running late for a New Girl marathon, and I cannot be running late for a New Girl marathon!
love and light,