Hi one and all! It’s been a solid week or two since I even checked up on my WordPress stats, but my lil baby Gertrude (my computer) has all but given up on me completely, so I’m chalking it up to that.
I hope you’ve been well. September is gone, and much like the other months of 2016, it’s happened too fast. With that said, lettuce jump into the salad that was September.
(I just got back from a birthday picnic with some dear friends from high school and some new people and let me just say that everyone is better outside of high school. Seriously.)
from the camera roll
happenings this month
- I finally. Made. FRIENDS. Took me long enough! I made friends with the most lovely people who greatly appreciate my breakfast making skills. It took me long enough, but at the end of the year is better than not at all – and I’m really glad that it’s them. If any of you are reading this – Ash, Sarah, Andrea, Gabriela, Monray, Jay, Quinn, David, Kgomotso – I’m bringing pancakes when campus opens. Be there.
- My blog and I were recognised!!!!!!! In real life!!!!! BY TWO DIFFERENT HUMANS!!!! One of them was giving me a wax, which was a bit awkward, but the other was outside a test venue. I was happy.
- #FeesMustFall2016 is still happening, but the Minister for Higher Education screwed up and said that fees are going up by a maximum of 8% this year and is shucking himself of all responsibility. Protests have been real, and stones have been thrown, but we’ll keep fighting.
- Dubious skype session with a love of mine who’s in Cape Town. We see you, Ashley and Robbie.
- We turned three! Yesterday/Today (I made this blog at midnight) was my three year blogging anniversary, and I’m so grateful for the people I’ve “met” and met, and the people who I still am yet to. Thanks for reading and living in my corner of the internet with me.
music on repeat
i’ve told you time and time again
i’m not as think as you drunk i am
we may as well call september “the month of Lana” because i have listened to almost nothing but “Born to Die: The Paradise Edition” for the last 30 days.
i’m just a little person / one person in a sea
of many little people / who are not aware of me
snippets of internal monologue
- If I take this shot, someone might get shot. Will I get shot? Oh man. I’m taking the shot.
- This boy who apologised for “leading me on”, does he know that I’d have to be interested for him to lead me on?
- ULTIMATE GAY. THAT’S WHO ASH IS. ULTIMATE GAY.
- Lord, if my boobs get any bigger I MAY DIE.
- Why why WHY couldn’t I at least have been awake when they robbed me?
- Spontaneous breakfast making sessions for my pals
- Snapchat! I’ve been using it so much.
- Checking my Lisbon hostel reservation
- MY PALS IN LONDON I LOVE YOU TASH AND MIRANDA (i’m a mirfanda)
In September I was robbed, drunk, tired, crying, dangerous, and very drained. I’ve started October on the best note, and I don’t know whether or not I’m going back to campus, or whether I’ll be finished with first year in November, or whether or not I’m about to screw myself over. I probably am. But I mean, screwing up is at least a fifth of the fun, right?
love and light,